About Me

My photo
Simple girl looking for the one thing that I have been wanting my whole life, a child. Sounds easy right? Well, not the case here...

Friday, April 13, 2012

Is it gone?

I think I may have lost something along the way.  Yup, my libido.  Not something I really want to admit, but I think I may have to.  With dramatics I feel like saying I never want to have sex again.  I know that is not true, but I feel like something is missing.  Trying for so long can be hard on a couple.  All the times sex, the positions, the special lube, the laying in one spot afterward, even just the idea every time that this is for a reason now.  At the beginning of this journey the sex was amazing.  The thought that this amazing act could have just united us with a child was breathtaking.  So sweet and romantic and amazing really.  But that has pretty much worn off.  Now I have a hard time letting myself even think that it worked.  I have been avoiding this for a while now.  I did a little research and have tried some supplements to help with a ladies libido.  Just another addition to the morning regiment of capsules!  But now i think it is time to get down to the bottom of this.  I know this must happen to so many people.  I sometimes wonder if emotionally, even almost subconsciously, it hurts too much to have sex.  Maybe it sets off this little feeling of failure each time.  Reminding me of feeling broken.  I try my best to always be so positive (it may not seem like it too much on my blog!) and keep my chin up.  It is a sensitive subject I don't really want to bring up with anyone.  I'm sure my husband notices, but I think he may be stumped on how to help.  I have mentioned it to him, but not to the extent I am now.  I know the importance of intimacy in a relationship.  I know that both of us need it.  Maybe I have lost the idea that it is just for us too.  A way for us to connect.  That I need to somehow get our romance back from the baby making.  I wish it was just a switch I could flip back on.  Maybe spending some time together when I'm not ovulating or near it could be helpful.  But honestly the idea of more sex makes me think "ugh"!  It is terrible.  I got to figure a way to get my groove back!

3 comments:

  1. It is frustrating, annoying and maddening just how much IF takes from us. Hugs to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the just-for-fun sex way more than the baby making type at this point. Sounds cheesy, but new underwear doesn't hurt:) Hope you get your groove back soon (I am sure you will!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...I know how you feel. The first couple days of trying are usually ok for me...But towards the end I am just over it...And husband is too. We are both eager for a day off, which is just depressing. I remember early in our relationship having sex multiple times in a day, and now just once is sometimes too much. I think I will try some new undies though...Thanks Bird :)

    ReplyDelete