About Me

My photo
Simple girl looking for the one thing that I have been wanting my whole life, a child. Sounds easy right? Well, not the case here...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring cleaning

Spring is here!  So, we bought our house three years ago.  Three bedroom.  One for us, one for the hubby's  studio, and the last little room has been saved as the nursery.  I never painted it or even thought about it because I just would hold off I thought until I knew if it was a boy or girl.  So it just filled with stuff and became sort of the sad room in the house.  Like i couldn't bring myself to even go in there much.  I had a crib in pieces in there, and other little baby stuff I have collected over the years.  I decided it was time to clear out the room.  So I took everything out.  I chose to make it my private meditation escape room.  I picked some really great colors, actually called "sanctuary" and "zen".  I went to town on that space!  It was like clearing out my head.  Moving out all those feelings of failure and wanting.  I love that room now.  It is my room.  Right now, I'm actually keeping baby chicks in there:)  So really, I got my babies in that room!  It really helped to have something else to focus on for a minute.  And giving myself a private place has helped a lot too.  It is my place to feel what ever I want, cry if I need, sit and rage at the world if I need!  The sitting and meditating is next on the list.  I have a few yoga moves that my doctor gave me to work on for fertility I want to really start doing too!  Feeling good about it all today!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwe. This is a sweet post, and I feel ya. I have a room like that in our house which we bought 2 1/2 years ago, one room for us, a computer room and a baby room... it has become the "Junk" room, it is scary, it's where everything goes to be forgotten, lol. I have not had the courage to clean it out yet. You should be proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it has become an amazing room! Now when your time comes the room will already have positive emotions attached to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations...that is amazing! I am sure that took a lot of strength to make it through. How wonderful for you to have your own 'escape!'

    ReplyDelete