About Me

My photo
Simple girl looking for the one thing that I have been wanting my whole life, a child. Sounds easy right? Well, not the case here...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Ready, set, go!!!

It is time again.  Time to sex it up.  Ovulation time!!  Strange, I was looking forward to it, getting all amped up.  But then it all just fizzled out.  I should have been just trying and trying.  But over the weekend, I just let it slip.  I slept on the couch Saturday night and didn't even get up until 12:30.  I was feeling totally depressed.  I just couldn't bring myself to get sexy.  And it didn't seem like my husband was into it either.  Blah.  Can't get pregnant if you don't do the deed.  I don't think he quite understands how sad this is making me.  He says that weekend are a drag because I am always so down around the house.  Well, yeah, maybe I am.  I spend the whole week acting like everything is okay.  That I am really just fine.  I hide the sadness from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep.  I just keep on truckin'.  Then the weekend comes.  I try to hide it at home too.  But, you know, I live there too.  And it is suppose to be my safe place to feel anyway I want.  But I don't always get that.  I try to be okay there too.  Because I dont' want to put my darling out.  I don't want him to feel this way too.  Sometimes I just can't hide it.  And yesterday, I wasn't even acting so sad.  Just tried to keep to myself.  We talked a little about it.  He doesn't understand why I wouldn't be trying to be happy.  What?!?!  I try all the fucking time.  I explained that it is a deep sad tired that I am starting to feel.  That I try my hardest to be fine.  He said that having a child is not worth being this sad.  He might be right.  When do call it quits?  When do I decide that I am really broken and should stop hurting myself like this?  Or do I just keep going?  Does it mean that I am week because I have only tried for so long?  It's like everything is on hold.  Everything I plan is planned around "what if I am pregnant?".  What if I'm ovulating?  What if I have my really bad period?  My cycle has taken control of my life.  I used to be filled with hope after sex that "this could be the time!".  I don't really feel that anymore.  I don't feel excited right now.  I think maybe subconsciously I don't want to have sex because it just means I could be let down in two weeks.  Let down in a way I don't think I can handle anymore.  Ugh.  How do I get that back?  That fun.  That happiness about trying.  That sweet look to the future....

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found your blog, looking for some support as I deal with this journey through infertility, too. I struggled with the same thing about doing the deed just to be let down, and wondered how I could get that excitement back. It didn't come back until we figured out why we weren't getting pregnant. Now that we know it isn't going to happen naturally, we are back to just having fun. Keep blogging, I'll be following offering any support I can. You can check mine out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding me:) I really do look forward to the days of just spontaneous love. I try so hard not to make it like clockwork, but it can become tedious. It will all be worth it someday tho! I'm going to go check out your blog now...

    ReplyDelete